2002 Yamaha 4 stroke stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Yamaha 4 stroke stalls

I have a fuel problem. My 2002 200hp 4 stroke runs fine at crusing RPMs. If i run at idle for a while then shift into gear and throtle up it stalls. The primer ball is soft. When i prime it then take off everything is fine. If I ***** under 1000 RPM it also stalls. I need to pump the ball every few mins. Can any one help

For some reason, I think they had a update that was under warranty for the 225 so that might apply to the 200 when they are warm they would stall when you jump on it i will have to look back in my service reports and take a look

Comment

the "warrenty up date" is for a "vapor recovery kit". they told me i need to get it installed if i run the engine at normal operating temp then shut it off and have trouble starting it. that isnt the problem. the problem is when i run at slower RPMs it stalls. then when i hit the primer ball a few times it starts and runs fine( above 1000 RPM)

Comment

If running on a main tank if you havent tried yet use a outboard tank. anti sipion valve might be sticky

Comment

I had a similar problem with one of my f-225's, only I was not able to get anything above a fast idel speed, and that was only for a short time before it stalled again. I would punp up the primer ball, it would start, run for a short time, then stall. It turned out to be the low pressure fuel pump. Yamaha seemed to indicate that it was a problem with the diaphram in the pump, caused by E-10. The dealer chanced the pump, and I have not had any more problems.
          Dennis

Comment

Thanks for the timley thoughts! As for the "anti sipion valve might be sticky", i had that problem on my last boat. I have ruled that out on this one cuz i have 2 tanks. The Problem is the same when running on forward or rear tank. Is there a way to check "low presure fuel pump pressure? "

Comment

Working...
            X