repower from 90' 225hp to F2250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repower from 90' 225hp to F2250

I have just purchased new F250 TXR (2006)and am wondering if the original 703 (?) binacle mount controls and shift/throttle cables will work on the new F250? Some have said yes and others have said no, the four stroke controls operate backwards from 2 stroke controls. Does anyone have any advice about this? Thanks in advance,

Adman

703 = side mount, 704 = top and if im not mistaken, both can be reversed.

Comment

I was mistaken. I have the 704 binnacle mount controls. Do I understand you correctly that the control cables need to be "reversed" when switching from a 2 stroke to the 4 stroke F250? If so, how is that done?

thanks for help.
      Adman

Comment

Thanks. I have the push type 704 binnacle controls and I believe that F250 TXR (like all 4 strokes) requires the pull type?

It is mentioned above that this control box might be "reversible" or able to be converted for use with my new motor. Do you know if this correct and how this is done?

Also, if this can be done, can the same shift/throttle cables still be used with the new engine?
        thanks again for any information.
        Adman

Comment

A correction. I just checked cables and control box today. My current set up with 704 box works as follows: When throttle handle is pushed into forward, the shift cable retracts and the throttle cable extends. According to advice received, this is a "pull" type shift.

So, does F250 TXR (2006) require a "push" type control box and if so, can I reverse my existing 704 "push" control box to be a "pull" type? Will this require change of any cables?

thanks for any replies,
          adman

Comment

Working...
          X