Over-Rev Alarm Pro V 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over-Rev Alarm Pro V 150

Does a '97 Pro V 150 have an over-rev limiter or alarm that sounds when it gets beyond a certain rpm?

The engine over-revs when the boat jumps over over the water surface, cavitation occurs, or the propeller does not match the boat.
    The over-rev. limiter goes into operation when the engine begins to exceed at 5,900 to 6,300 r/min. Through con*****ed misfiring , which is done by limiting the amount of ignition signals given out by the CDI unit, engine speed is kept between at 5,900 60 6,300 r/min.

If the engine keeps on running at high speeds and the tachometer reading is about 6,100 r/min, turn the throttle to slow down the engine, and then fully open the throttle.
    If the engine still over=revs, check if the propeller matches the boat and the engine transom height..

If the over-rev. limiter circuit is faulty:
    1. The engine may not pick up speed due to misfires.
    2. Limitation may occur at low speeds. If this happens, disconnect the over-rev, limiter lead wires. This will not affect engine operation.

Comment

Thanks skeeterman. I haven't gotten the rpms up that high (not yet anyway) but was curious if this motor had an over rev alarm feature. This is on a tunnel hull flats boat that will still maintain water pressure above 10psi when trimed out and jacked all the way up. I'm careful to watch my rpms, but figured an alarm might come in handy in these situations.

Comment

Working...
      X