Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil transfer problem ( one year old )

hey folks ,

i've been working on a oil transfer problem on and off for almost a year now, on my 1994 sws 200hp ( have been transfering oil by grounding the pump to battery which has been working ) we've checked all the usual problems such as sensors, pump, wiring,filter. this weekend we spent more time looking at and found another problem. on the CDI we found a little hole with burn mark in the center of the plastic box. the question is could this be a related problem ? engine runs fine. by the way the tach is not working either (installed new digital tach ) trim gage and light bars work. we were wondering if we can check the cdi or if they sell reman cdi's. thanks for your help............

stoney

Stoney does the oil transfer pump operate if you hit the emergency toggle switch? You tested the engine's tank sensor per the manual and it tested Ok?
    I've heard of one other case where the CDI was the culprit with an oil transfer problem. Along with all the other issues you're having it could very well be the problem this time. The Boats.net guys have the new CDI unit for around $500, that's about as good as you're gonna get.

-Mike

Comment

Hamfisted,

thanks for your reply, no the the toggle switch does not transfer oil. it's kinda weird because when i toggle the switch the alarm sounds.(don't think it's supposed to do that ....

thanks for your help.

stoney

Comment

You may have a ground problem, check all ground connections. The toggle switch completes ground circuit to oil transfer pump(brown wire), check wiring harness between engine and oil tank in boat, you should have ground at brown wire on pump when toggle switch is on.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X