Water in crankcase oil Model F100TLRA Yamaha 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in crankcase oil Model F100TLRA Yamaha 2002

I have done a compression test on all four cylinder they check out fine !. There is no signs of water on the spark plugs or in cylinders!... the engine has never over heat!.... I sure would like some advise regarding this puzzle... Thanks GKelly
    Where there\'s a will there\'s a way

It is possible for them to pull water in from exhaust, if motor sets too low in water or have a heavy backwash hitting motor.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

This could be true?!, but I flushed the engine/crank case with new oil twice and screwed a new oil filter and hooked-up the garden hose water muffs or up here in Canada we call them rabbit ears turned tap on and ran the engine in my drive way for about 15 mins. and checked the dip stick... the engine oil was milky... I also tested the milky oil with a Calcium hydride test to confirm the present of H2O in the oil... it liberating hydrogen gas which proves water was/is present... So I am still in the dark how the hack the water is getting into the crank case/engine ??? !!!

Comment

I know the 2000 115 had a bad design in the oil pump and thay had to replace a lot of those. it could be the same senerio

Comment

hmmmm... oil pump A...?how does the water get into the oil pump, Is the oil pump not submerged in the oil in the oil pan like a car engine?... I am confused..

Thanks for all the info coming forth here, If there is more info about this Yamaha 2002 4 stroke 100,115 hp I sure would like to hear about it and Im sure the other owners of this model and year would too.

Comment

hello
            how many times did you flush the oil?
            sometime 1 flush is not enough, there is always oil remaining in the engine to make the new oil milky again.
            i had this experience on cars and i had to flush the oil 2 or 3 times to get the system clean.
            now you still don't know where the water is comming from...
            i heard about this probleme from local crab fishermans , they all uses 4 strokes yamahas ,these guys never flush their engines, never replace their engine zincs never do any maintenance and one day the electrolysis eats up the block, puncture the sleeves and the water goes in the oil...i hope it's not your case..
            frenchy

Comment

Thanks frenchy for the spin on the fishermen and not changing zincs and stuff ...to funny.. No different up here in Canada on the West coast the fisherman do the the same thing run then into ground and use them for sea anchors..

Anyway go to this URL below and look at part #19 and #15 67F-13631-02-00 and 67F-13314-01-00 SHAFT, PUMP.. That was the devil which rusted away and are letting water into the oil pump and mixing throughout engine block and oil pan

http://www.boats.net/_search/images/...0302640028.gif

i heard about this probleme from local crab fishermans , they all uses 4 strokes yamahas ,these guys never flush their engines, never replace their engine zincs never do any maintenance and one day the electrolysis eats up the block, puncture the sleeves and the water goes in the oil...i hope it's not your case..
              frenchy

Comment

sorry frenchy... I forgot to tell you I have pulled lower end off and the powerhead and then removed the oil pump this is where I located the problem part #19 and #15 .... Part Numbers 67F-13631-02-00 and 67F-13314-01-00... Pretty evident where the water is get in when you examine the two parts.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

O and Thanks Aleutianwest you where dead on about these oil pumps .. Boy what bad engineering here. Just imagine having the oil pump seal exposed to the water... pretty dumb engineering..

Comment

hello
                    whoow, this is a good one...i will remember that , i have 5 yamaha 4 strokes for my business, i will keep an eye on that.
                    how did you knew that?i would pull the head first...
                    how many hours is the engine?does it seat in the water all the time?
                    so Aleutianwest was right..
                    frenchy

Comment

frenchy.... the outboard is a 2002 so 5 years, yes it sits in the chuck year round .... very little use , there was water in the engine oil ... so the powerhead has to come off..which it did.

yup....Pretty evident where the water got in when you examine the two parts.

Also the lower end had never been off since new which as you my know the splines on the drive shaft go though the oil pump into the powerhead.. So there was very little spline grease left. which let water and oxygen start the rusting on part #19 part#67F-13314-01-00

Frenchy.. my thoughts in theory are if the engine was used on a regular bases and serviced part #19 part#67F-13314-01-00 would not have rusted and chewed up the seal #15 part# 67F-13631-02-00... make sense to you ????

Comment

Being a yamaha tech we get notifications from yamaha telling us these things but sometimes it takes them awhile.. but when they have a problem like that they ussally fix the motors that are under warrenty. and ussally the ones that arent.. as a good will jesture there pretty good about that at least

Comment

Frenchy.. my thoughts in theory are if the engine was used on a regular bases and serviced part #19 part#67F-13314-01-00 would not have rusted and chewed up the seal #15 part# 67F-13631-02-00... make sense to you ????

hello
                          i don't know if these parts need to be serviced on a regular basis, i am pretty sure jb123 or boats.net knows about that.
                          now, not taking the lower unit of for 5 years is not good, y have seen some not comming off at all unless you use the torch and big hammer...seized up shaft, frozen solid bolts..no good.
                          my boats are used for rentals and they go out a lot in a pretty shallow waters.i take the lower units off for impellar service every 3 month and i use a lot of grease, nothing seize up.
                          frenchy

Comment

Working...
                          X