91 or 98 Yamaha 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 or 98 Yamaha 25

I just picked up a new to me 25 horse Yamaha. The previous owner (supposedly bought it new) in 98 as a 98. However the model number on the tag is 25ELHP, which would mean it's a 91. It's got the oil injection, precision blend, I believe it's called. I've seen a couple of photo's of another 91-25 but it didn't look the same, either colors or internals. It's electric start, tiller con*****ed. If I look at the Yamaha manual, no manual included of course, for a 98, it doesn't look like there was a 25hp electric start, tiller control. Also, I thought the pre-96/97's had the date stamped on the model info plate. This one didn't have that. I'm asking cause I need to get an impeller for it.

Model 25ELHP is a 1991 model number, 25ELHW would be a 1998 model. They didn't start puting the manufactor date sticker on them until late 90's. They did change the color in 1994 to a little darker color blue.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

If I email you a photo, do you think you could give me an idea? Of course the guy we bought it from won't email back.

Comment

Working...
      X