F15C conversion to Remote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F15C conversion to Remote?

I have a F15c electric start tiller I would like to convert to remote. Can anyone point me to the right parts to order? Can I keep the tiller functional if I do this?
    I will put this on an antique 15' wooden runabout,I realise it may be underpowered but don't mind going slow, any prop recomendations?
    One more, I have old style pulley/cable steering, how can I attach this to the Yamaha? Is there a bracket I can order? Thanks for any help!

66M-48501-00-00 Throttle & shift kit.
    63V-48511-01-00 Steering Hook
    63M-82590-10-00 Wire Harness (if you using a control with start switch).
    The tiller handle will have to be removed and if all of the steering cable is there it should bolt up to the above steering hook.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you for the fast response. I found everything here except the 63m-82590-10-00 wiring harness.
      Also, what control would you recomend for electric start, the description was a little vague. Does these controls include the wiring harness?
      Hate to be a pain in the keester but I sure appreciate this resource!

Comment

I don't know why that part number isn't coming(that is the harness that connects to control box), I will check on that Monday. If your motor is electric start then you would use 703-48207-17-10 control box which comes with a 10 pin elect harness. You would have to get a adapter harness 703-8258A-00-00 but until I find out that bad part number I'm not sure which one you will need.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I think I'll just go with a manual control and start the motor with the original setup. It would be nice to have the electrics built into the control but perhaps I can wire a switch later.
          What manual control should I order from Ya'll for this motor? Cable number?
          Also It appears the steering bracket comes with the Remote kit you sell, is this the case or should I order this seperately?
          I promise I won't bother you again, I really appreciate it!

Comment

If you get those numbers Monday I'm still interested, I may bite the bullet and do it right!Thanks!

Comment

The correct part number for harness is 6AH-82590-10-00
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
              X