tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tach

I have a 1999 60 hp yamaha I want to install a tach regular analog I am at the power pack or cdi What wire to I use for the tach sending unit? I was told there was a plug in all sorts of places never found them. Only wires I have left are a yellow/w red stripe, yellow connected to another yellow and a blue each has a single plug on them any of these?

The wires for the tach are at the key switch( or at control box if it has a side mount controls). There are 3 wires at key switch, yellow wire is key on power, Black is ground and green wire is tach signal lead. Just extend these wires to gauge.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

man!!!thought that was it made sense but no green.... there are 2 yellow 1 red 1 blue 1 brown the others go to ground warning horn and kill switch I double checked its a yamaha key switch too bob

Comment

Hey 43 Fla, I found it!!!!!!I went back to the key switch after noticing a green wire coming off places that people said to ty in at. It didnt go all the ways to the switch it stopped short and was taped up with the connector just a short run to the tach thanks bud Now I have to put the harnass back together!! Thanks again now hope it works Bob

Comment

Working...
        X