VZ175 Hard Starting When Warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VZ175 Hard Starting When Warm

My HPDI 175 runs great and starts like usual when cold. Problem happens when I get to a fishing spot and shut it off. Restarting within 5-10 minutes is the same as when cold. Let it sit longer than that and it either hits right away and acts "loaded up" and possibly stalls, or requires a long time on the starter to get her to fire. Either way, it takes a few seconds to clear excess fuel and smokes quite a bit. It appears fuel is leaking down into one of the cylinders when not running. My fishing partner builds Porsche racing motors for a living and he thinks it is a "lazy injector".
    Additionally, I replaced the oil pump (Boats.net) recently and oil consumption is back to normal.
    Help...

Ram my YDS on it today. No history in the "diagnosis record" to indicate a problem. All readings appear within spec, except for the electric fuel pump pressure. It is supposed to be 5.0 My reading was .28 during the stationary test. Not sure if low pressure from the electric fuel pump can cause this problem??? Seems odd that it acts like it's loaded up during the warm start issue, including smell of gas and excess smoke.
    Does anyone know if a dirty high-pressure fuel filter can be the reason for my low reading?

Comment

bad low pressure pumps,loading the crankcase AND causing low supply to vst ?
      that filter should be cleaned yearly.

Comment

Can a bad low pressure (manual) pump leak fuel into the crankcase? If so, that would explain a lot of my issue.

Comment

yes they do and you would also see unspent fuel out of the prop.

Comment

Working...
          X