Fresh water hose flushing detache while running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh water hose flushing detache while running

While rinsing my engines (twin yamaha 115 2 stroke) after about a total of 1 hour boating, I found the fresh water hose used for flushing the engine hanging and disconnected from where it is usually screwed when not in use. What may have happend was that it wasnt properly screwed back into place after I rinsed the engines the day before and detached while I was operating the boat. Or at worse I could have forgotten to screw it back before I went boating the following day.

During the one hour of operation, however, i did not get any engine overheat problems. I operated the engine at various RPMS. The engines have 22 hours on them.

my questions is, could the engine have been damaged with the fresh water hose not screwed back into place while the engine was in operation?

Hi, Don't worry about it, you haven't damaged anything, I have done the same thing on my f225's, and nothing was damaged. Rest easy, you will not forget again.
    Dennis

Comment

Thank you Dennis. I feel relieved. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Gday guys was just reading your posts in regards to the flushing device becoming undone, with just regards to that when you guys flush you motors out i was told not to turn the motors on alls we need to do is just attach the hose to the flush point and there is no needs to use muffs is this correct ????/

Cheers i have a set of 150 HPDI 2000 model if that makes any difference as im not to technichley minded

Cheers Mick H
        i so should be in the water and not here on the computer

Comment

That's correct mate. Scrap the muffs.
          Bugs
          Bugs

Comment

Me to ive done the same thing inadvertantly with my f 225`s no problem
            Maurie
            crayman

Comment

The same thing happened to me this weekend, however I was not fortunate enough to recover my hose. Does the dealer sell the flush hose kit?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X