Enduro115 No spark on 4&5 cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enduro115 No spark on 4&5 cylinder

I have E115, bought new in 2002 but I'm not really sure of the manufacture date.(they bring in a lot of these engines for the tuna boats. The model number on the mounting bracket is 6E5 E115AET s# 017235. Several times this year I have lost the spark to 4&5 cylinders, at other times the spark will be very weak. At this time there is no spark at all. 1&3 are fine and have never had a problem. I replaced the pulsar coils but it made no differance. The peak voltage to the CDI from the charging coils is about 1/3 of what it should be. So I'm fairly sure that it is the stator or maybe the CDI. I've tried to order these parts but can not find the parts that match my engine on the parts catalog. The stator I ordered didn't match my motor(6N7-85510-00-00) Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. It's Mahi season now and I'm missing all the fish.

Sorry I put down the wrong cylinder. It's 2&4 that are not firing. (no 5 cylinder)

Comment

We don't have the Enduro models here in the US so I'm not that familiar with them. When testing charge coil output and you get a low reading reverse test meter leads and see if reading is higher. If either reading is in specs then charge coil is probably ok. Usually if charge coil is bad you will not have any fire on any of cylinders. Pulsor coil,CDI and ignition coils can affect only 2 cylinders. I dont have parts book on that engine to help you with part numbers. Does the wires connect to CDI with screw terminls or multi pin connectors?
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply !!!

The charge coils connect to the CDI with a four pin plug to the top of the CDI unit. When I researched on the http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/parts/home.aspx the engine that matches mine is the 1999 c115. Is it possible that my engine was 3 years old when i bought it new? It wouldn't really bother me but would be helpful when ordering. Would you carry parts for the Enduro model? The parts number given for the Stator was 6E5-85510-00-00 and the CDI was 6E5-85540-00-00. Thanks again for your quick reply and advise. ( I think it probably is the CDI unit )

Comment

Working...
        X