89 pro v 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 pro v 150

I have a 18ft charger bass boat with a 150 pro v. It has a hard time getting out of the water. If you stand up and lean out over the deck it will come up on plane and run to a bout 4800 rpm. It starts and idles like a new one but I think it ought to run closer to 5500-5800 rpm at top end. I replaced the fuel pumps last year.

It sounds like you need to drop in pitch on prop, go to one 1 size under whats on it. That will help with hole shot and give you more RPM's.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

i have the same motor and with a 26" i can still turn 5800.....bad low end but an incredible rooster.
      try a prop but still sounds like something else...maybe not hitting on all six, be it carbs or plugs.

Comment

I changed spark plugs and tried a 14.5x23 prop. It came out of the water better but only turned 4200 rpm. My speedometer does not work but sure felt like was going a lot slower. It started feeling weaker last fall but this spring it has absolutely no power at all.

Comment

19-21 is the average prop so youre still UP above
          and I would suggest a compression check to start off, then on to carbs as they are notorious for getting dirty.

Comment

Working...
          X