oil transfer question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil transfer question ?

we have a 1994 200 sws series motor and we are having oil transfer problems. we have repaired a couple of things that were not working ( main tank sensor, main tank filter, cleaned main tank ) but i ran across something that doesn't sound right. with the ignition on and engine off, when we try to fill engine tank with aux. toggle switch on motor the alarm sounds and the tank does not fill. is this correct ? i seem to remember when we used the toggle switch before the alarm did not go off. if you could help us i would sure appreciate it...........

thanks, stoney

If you can feed oil into the engine's tank using the emergency toggle switch
    (key must be ON...) then the problem is with the switch inside the engine's tank.
    If you can not fill the engine's tank using the emergency toggle switch then the
    problem is with the wiring harness or the remote tank's pump (rare).
    Check the harness ends from motor to remote tank, sounds like you have some corrosion crossing the signals.

Comment

hi
      i just fixed my oil transfer problem by reading all the posts in this forum.
      go to search and type :"oil transfer problem", you will find a lot of tips about that to help you.
      mine was corrosion in the blue connector at the remote oil tank, at the wires going to the float level.
      good luck
      frenchy

Comment

thanks for the replies, JB we can fill the tank by jumping the wires to the pump motor,(pump motor works). now we will look for corrosion on the harness or just replace the harness and go from there....... thanks again.

stoney

Comment

Working...
        X