2000 200HP HPDI OIL CONSUMPTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 200HP HPDI OIL CONSUMPTION

My engines seem to be using alot of oil. How can I check to see if this is right. The spark plugs are black and seem a little wet when I pull them out. with new plugs I get a couple hours of good running and then it starts to loose power and developes a bit of a miss, switch the plugs and its fine.

the motors are '00's...how long have you had them and have they always burned what appears to be excess?
    Look at your oil pump while at neutral, follow the linkage to the pump, and see if the
    linkage is just about bottomed out at the stop/set pin on pump body.

Comment

the brain box was replaced and it has 163 hours now, I think it may be running rich for break in still. I adjusted the linkage a little. I noticed an oil leak where the thermostat housing is on the top of the #1 side. maybe oil is getting on the injectors, the plugs are fouling on that side of the motor after a day of use.

Comment

brain box replaced and break-in? does a replaced computer still think the motor is new?
        the oil setting should have been set back at the 10 hr service when motor was new.
        if the oil leak you refer to is on the top
        right side, it may be your 02 sensor gasket leaking.

Comment

THe leak is on the left side when you stand at the back of the engine at the top, above the top spark plug, I was told it is the thermostat. They are going to replace the gaskets and do a backflush on the injectors.

Comment

strange place for oil as theres only water in there, maybe loose plug or small head leak.let us know the outcome.

Comment

They replaced a coil and an injector. They also turned down the oil linkage a bit. Hopefully thats got it fixed.

Comment

that didn't seem to work. it still sounds like its missing and doesn't have the same power as the other engine. The had it hooked up to the laptop. Maybe it had more problems than the injector and coil.

Comment

Working...
                X