overheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overheat

i have installed twin yamahas 300hp hpdi engines on a 10 mtr crompton. the port engine overheats when engines are trimmed, if not trimmed the revs drop after a few minutes at full throttle. can anyone help? thanks
    n/a

has the motor always done this, are they new to you or did it just happen once.
    if the impellers are over a year old, I would change them out.

Comment

engines are new to me. this particular engine had only run for two hours before they came to me. i have already changed the impellers. the engines are fitted 63cm apart from the centre of the props. yes this engine has always done this since i have it. when not trimmed it does not over heat, but revs fall after a few minutes at full throttle. thanx.

DO you have any obstructions near the overheating motor??
      sounds like you are losing your water flow over water ports, if only happening when trimmed up. you can TRY lowering motors a hole.

personally...i change out thermostats every year, along with waterpumps and prv parts. if im 4 hours from home,i dont want a 50 dollar item screwing up my weekend. i would suggest doing them all and repost your findings.

Comment

Working...
      X