Oil Change on 2004 115hp 4 Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Change on 2004 115hp 4 Stroke

I am looking to change the oil on my 2004 115hp 4 Stroke. Do I need any special tools to change the oil? Also, how much oil and what type of filter is needed? I have never change the oil in a 4 Stroke before so any other useful information would be great. Thanks in advance.
    Cody

This is easy to do. No special tools. Drain plug is located on the prop side of the lower cowl. Tilt motor slightly down, pull the dip stick, and remove drain plug. Not sure how much oil it will take or what filter it takes. You can get that info on this site ,go to home page then click on yamaha parts. Do you have a owners manual? I would use Yamalube oil and Yamaha filter.

Comment

Thanks. No, I bought the motor second hand without a manual.

Comment

Changing oil on a 4 stroke is similar to changing oil on a car. Take an empty soda bottle and cut out the bottom to make a funnel. Use this to direct the oil into your container. It can get quite messy if you don't. The other option is to use a pump to pump out the oil from the dip stick. You can use a strap wrench to remove the oil filter. Just make sure to put some absorbent pads underneath to catch dripping oil. The place I buy all of my oil and parts from will tell you what filter you need and how much oil is needed. You should be able to find shop around you that could tell you. If not, just let me know and I can call my shop and ask. Good luck.

DIY has a pretty good step by step guide on how to change your oil.
        http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_..._25799,00.html
        Tommy

Comment

I just looked on Yamaha's website and you can download the owners manuals online. It says that you will need 4.5L of oil. You can also find the repair service manuals cheap on ebay.

Here is the link to download the owners manual.
          http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard...px?ls=outboard
          Tommy

Comment

Thanks. I will change it out this week. I appreciate the information.
            Cody

Comment

Working...
            X