Yammy cutting out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yammy cutting out.

Hi everyone,first post,so I'll get right to the point.84 115 Yammy is cutting out at all rpm's.It's not losing power altogether,but it kinda sounds like it's starving for fuel.I have changed plugs,fuel seperator,and fuel bulb and nothing seems to help.It gets up on plane just fine and really runs good for the first couple of hundred yards then it starts cutting out.Do you think a power pack is going out?And if so,can you take it off the engine to a shop and have it tested?Any suggestions?Thanks,RK.

If you think it's starving for fuel then remove and clean carbs. The only test you can do ignition components with them off of engine is resistance tests and that will not help find an intermittent problem.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

HI,Before you tare apart the carb's check the screen at the tank end of the fuel line. this is a major source of problems that you discribe. I think that if it was a dirty carb problem, you would not be able to run at WOT at all. Do you have fuel/water seperator filter, change it if you have not already done so. Use the Yamaha or Racor 10 micron filter. Let me know how you make out.
      Dennis

Comment

Thanks Dennis,I talked to a Yamaha tech today and he said the same thing.He said that it was like some kinda valve down there that you can just throw away and hook the fuel line back up.It's kinda a pain in the ass to get there,but I'll start there.Thanks,RK.

Comment

run an auxillary tank to be sure.

Comment

run an auxillary tank to be sure. also if you have the fuel line connection at the motor, delete it and run it direct.

Comment

My 97 115 stalls the same way. It loses fuel pressure at higher RPM's and stalls out. The first time it occured I found that a small vacume hose had disconnected. Reconnected it and problem solved for a few hours running time.... It's doing the same thing again but no hoses are loose. I've had the carb cleaned and the fuel system drained out and cleaned since but it hasn't changed things. Perhaps a faulty fuel pump here?

Comment

Working...
              X