X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha V-Max OX 66 150 hp 2 Stroke Won't start

Help,...I have a V-Max OX 66 150 hp VX 150 LRXZ
    10/00 serial # 6J9 L 002072 S
    This engine is has approx. 100 hours on it,and was running great then one day it just would not start.I'll tell you what I know and what I've replaced.Firts off there is fuel and spark.But no injector operation.I have installed a brand new CDI unit,the fuel pressure is 35,4 psi.and holds.The main relay is good the crank position sensor is also good as well as the atmospheric sensor and the air intake sensor.These components check out as per the factory shop manual.During cranking the injectors do not make any noise (clicking) I checked the resistance of the injectors and they read 12.6 ohms.I also check the signal supply voltage and it = 6.50 volts.during cranking.(Battery voltage is almost 12.30 under cranking)This was checked at the injector connector The shop manaul does not give the injector risistance spec or the supply voltage for the injector .So with out that spec I'm unsure if it's correct or not.The engine will start and run if I spray starter fluid into the throttle bodies,until the fluid runs out.The O2 sensor checks ok but the engine won't run.Even if the O2 sensor was bad the engine should still run just not good.Any help would greatful,as I'm in the middle of the Exumas Bahamas.So I'm limited.
    None

to check injectors, remove air silencer, turn key on to build fuel pressure. open throttle calves all the way so you can see injectors in throttle body. look around the top of the oil tank and you will find a connector with all the injector feed wires in it. they should be white with a stripe. if you give the wires a ground with key on and fuel pressure built up, it will spray into intake. repeat for all six.
    Michael Babuchna

Comment

Hi Slim,...Are these the six wires and Black connector(I think these come from the pulse coil)?.The wires to the injector are red/orange(voltage in) and purple/with a colour These six Purple wires go to the top of the CDI unit.The way I understand what you have instructed me to do is ground the White wire with colour strip one at a time to operate the injector.I will give this a try,and hopefully track this problem down.Reading the shop manual I thought the pulse coil was the trigger for the ignition coils.It may do both.Thanks for your time and the info Slim.
      None

Comment

Im thinking throttle position sensor. have you checked that yet?

Comment

This engine is a Euro engine,it was pirchased in the Bahamas,so I'm guessing this is why it's not listed on the U.S. market.I've sense installed a new CDI Brand new CDI unitand a Brand new Vapour Tank and High pressure fuel pump.Performed a voltage and OHM test on all the sensors,TPS ok.Atomspheric Sensor ok,Air intake Sensor ok,Main Realy ok,High Pressure fuel pump resistor ok.O2 sensor ok (static test)New Crank Position Sensor installed.They all check with in book spec.At this piont the fuel injectors still do not operate.The fuel injector supply voltage = 6.8 volts,and the ground is supplied from the CDI unit operates (With an Ohm meter connected to the injector plug you can see it switch during cranking).I have removed the injectors and checked the fuel filter screens in ech one which are clean.If I dissconnect the black connector with the 6 purple wires (injector ground harness to the the CDI.)I can supply ground one at a time to the injectors,with 35 psi of fuel pressure (key on) but still no spray.I just find it hard to believe all 6 injectors have gone bad all at once.But with my luck lately it's possible.The manual does not give any type of supply voltage or resistance valve for the injectors,I guess they really don't want you to be able to fix these engines in your back yard.My back yard is huge (approx. 200 miles from any dealer).I know from my passed history with injected engine some injectors operate on a lower voltage than 12.0 volt ignition system.Thanks again for any input,I really appreciate the help.Wildman...
          None

Comment

Just want to say thanks to everyone who helped with the info towards this problem.I did manage to get this engine running today.I removed the fuel injectors and then removed the filters within the injectors.At that piont each injector made a snap or click sound.Strange?? I then applied 12.0 volts to the injector via. a sperate battery.One at a time they clicked.I then reassemble the injector and fuel rail to the engine.Rechecked the fuel pressure.35psi. operated each injector one by one.They all sprayed as voltage and ground was applied.Reconnected all components,and started the engine.I have sense run the engine under sea trail conditions for a total of an hour and a half with out fault.So for anyone that wants to record this info.the fuel injector resistance = 12.5 ohms and the suppply voltage for these injectors is 12.0 volts (or operating voltage.I still don't know what caused this situation or problem.Just wanted to forward the solution and info that I found.Thanks to everyone and hope this helps anybody that is having similar problems....Wildman
            None

Comment

Working...
            X