2000 ox66 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 ox66 225

New factory powerhead installed last jan. The motor still runs poorly.It seems to run ok for a few hours fresh out of the shop.Then rpms fall off and develops some hesitation but idles fine.Under warranty but unable to resolve problem.Tried coils,spark plug wires,stator,o2sensor,fuel pumps.Im lost and very frustrated.A year latter and the same problems persist.What can I do?

The boat is currently in the shop where it seems to be growing roots. Every time I just hope for the best.After a year Im losing hope.The shop where the boat is has a excellent reputation.Again after A year Im lossing hope.

Comment

sounds like you need to hook it up to the trailer and drive it thru the showroom.

were all these parts changed or tested.?
      i would start at the tank, use an aux tank.
      you CHANGED primary pumps or checked?
      the HP pump has a filter that requires cleaning.
      pull each plug while running, listening for the sound change .....or none.
      disconnect each injector , listening for the same.
      obviously the techs know more than I and hopefully have done these few things but sounds like theyre not touching it as theyve already been paid for the job done.
      try another dealer?

Comment

The work that has peformed has been covered by warranty.Its not a money issue yet.Its been in and out for a year with the same problem materializing.

Comment

yamahas warranty or THEIR warranty....if its yamahas can you take it to another dealer and be covered? as its apparent THEY are at a loss.

Comment

Motor covered under y.e.s. war.The problem is no techs can identify the problem and yamaha says situation is not severe enough to send a factory rep. again its been over a year.What is a severe situation to yamaha? What good is a 2000$ waranty if the product stays broken down? Maybe i should have saved my $ twoards another product

Comment

Working...
            X