2000 200 hpdi with no balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 200 hpdi with no balls

I have a set of 200's on my boat, one of the motors is running like it is in shut down. The other engine will help it along to reach over 4000 rpm. at higher speeds it is shaking a little bit.it will not plane the boat by itself, not even close. It also farts a bit at idle and has the tendency to stall when idling. then sometimes it will not start after it has run and it stalls. I have drained the fuel thinking water may have got in, but the other engine is fine. Any suggestions???

Start with a compression test. Check low med and high fuel pressure. The high fuel pressure can only be checked with the diagnostic computer system at your dealer.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

What color is the primary fuel filter under the hood of that motor? Should be yellow, if it is brown it's old and dirty and needs to be replaced. Fuel starvation will cause what you describe. Plug it into a Yamaha Diagnostic System and see what it says.

-Mike

Comment

you have a hi pressure pump with a filter that can clog, it shou;d be cleaned yearly.

Comment

I checked the plugs a couple looked pretty soaked. after changing them out with some old plugs from this motor it ran good. possbly still not quite as much power as the other motor. it lasted 10 minutes and started missing again. any ideas what this could be?

Comment

wet plugs possibly bad primary fuel pumps.

Comment

Working...
            X