F60 4-Stroke 2004 Losing Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F60 4-Stroke 2004 Losing Power

Seems like alot of the same troubles as I've read on here... The outboard is hard starting cold -- once it finally starts, I can only get to 4500 rpm, it eventually will jump to WOT. If I stop on the water, the same problems start again no matter how long or short a time I've stopped for. I know it's fuel starved..I've tried the separate fuel tank, checked the strainers, orings, primer bulb (great forum for tips by the way!).. Put in a new fuel/water separator last week.. and today a new fuel pump..nothing's changed...

Does anyone have anything else we can try? I'm thinking the next step is the carb... I had similar trouble with it last year around this time.. but didn't think it would turn into a yearly event..

another question... the accelerator pump... (maybe dumb question ahead) When I goose the engine, it dies... it doesn't appear that the pump is enriching the engine... shouldn't it be??? Is there a way to check that specifically?

Comment

does the sparkplugs get weet??? if not no petrol - carb!!

blow the carbs clean with air '

in the water try to speed up the motor and then with fully open throttel put your hand on the carbs one by one then you use the wackum the motor makes to suck the petrol insted of air.. this may clean the jets!
      but if it help get the carbs cleaned propperly
      it will only help for a while...

tommy
      fast but safe!

Comment

Just-In-Time: Have the factory manual.. not as informative as one would hope.. thus, I'm asking here [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tommy: Thanks for the suggestion on the carbs... got them out & cleaned out the jets yesterday.. put it back together & then it was time for the Superbowl... will not be able to get back to try what you suggest until next weekend..

Comment

Try a de-carbonizer treatment before you get to involved in rebuilds.

Comment

Could this type of problem be caused by a faulty primer bulb?

Comment

Just about any fault in the fuel system can produce this problem. A few words to live by..... (Look at the small things first,the rest is expensive).

Comment

Working...
              X