break in period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• break in period

I just purchased a new 90tlr two stroke. I am in the first ten hour period and was wondering how much oil to put in the fuel tank. The mechanic added oil to my fuel when he installed the engine, but told me to refuel when I am down to 1/4 tank and to throw in about 1/2 quart of oil. I added 13 gallons of fuel, how much oil should I add. I didn't feel very confident in his suggestion.

second question. with the new engine i also purchased a new tach and wiring harness. don't know model number of tach. the oil level indicator doesn't work properly, it is flashing at middle position with oil reserve full of oil. i asked the guy to fix it during the 10 hour service, anyone have any suggestions - wiring problem, sensor problem?

thanks

mike

During breakin use a 50:1 gas to oil mix which is a pint of oil per 6 gallons of gas. The needs to be reset it's set for a 4 stroke engine which uses low oil pressure not oil level. In the back of tach there are 3 dip switch's. set first switch up for 2 lead trim sender, second switch down for 12 pole alternator, and third switch down for 2 stroke engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X