Speedo pick up tube needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo pick up tube needed

I just had a nose cone done to my lower unit, I figure my Yamaha speedo will not be fuctional do they sell another calibrated pick up tube ? to take it's place,,, not sure if I have all the term correct,, but I figure you know what I am talking about thanks chris

you need a transom mounted pitot tube, available at any boating store.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but it may help me
      I have a coiled up clear plastic tube behind my gauges, I assume this is the pitot tube required for speed (refered to in a few threads but no reference to it in the manuals I have)
      Now - what do I do with it to get speed on my gauges? I cannot locate a port in the engine (130hp 2 stroke) though I have just read about a transom mount option for it, so;-
      1. How do I mount it on the transom and what fittings would be required?
      2. Is there a length restriction on the pitot tube - my boat is longer than the available tube (hence coiled up out of the way I guess)
      Cheers
      Timbo

Comment

The transom mounted pitot is on bottom right corner of this page GO-MARINE.com - Marine On-line Catalog
        Usually the speedo uses a rubber hose, the water pressure gauge uses a plastic tubing, check to see if what you have under your dash is connected to speedo.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X