cold start Pro60 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold start Pro60 problem

I just bought a 1993 Pro60 with low hours. I have trouble cold starting. Starts like a champ after its warmed. I was thinking a thermosensor but there is none. Next guess was a thermoswitch. Anyone else have a similar problem? Any tricks installing said switch? Other suggestions include making sure the motor is down all the way? Does that advice apply to this motor? Maybe to level thre floats? Thanks in advance!

Squeeze the bulb, make sure the motor trim is all the way down, pull out the choke, turn throttle to Start and turn the key.....

If I dont wear out the battery, it "may start" after 4-5 20 second attempts. Once its warm, it starts just tapping the key.

Thanks

Comment

After reviewing a few hundred posts here, Could I be barking up the wrong tree here with the thermo sensor? Seems all that does is let me know if im overheating, by buzzing and kicking down throttle. Does replacing battery cables make more sense as posted 11/22/05 HARD STARTING YAMAHA? Is there a test for the battery cables to confirm this ?

Comment

Solution was (6H3-14380-00-00), "prime starter".

Thanks for the help. This was labeled Starter in the parts schematic, which explains how I overlooked it

Comment

Working...
        X