Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil injector

I have an '87 115.
    As per the "custom" down" here, The oil injection system has been disconnected. I personaly have never had problems with these systems. The one on my Merc 50 works fine.
    As I learn more about Yamaha, I find their system is particuarly better. If I read correctly it injects "past" the carbs. Anyway...., I want to hook it back up. I presently have no book on the 115. Is this something I can do, or will it take recalibrating?
    Thanks, Ted
    Ted, in the Atachafala. Where gators get blamed for bull shark deeds.

You might want to get somebody that knows the system to look at to see what has been removed. If the whole system is still there then you just have reconnect sensors and hoses, fill oil tank in boat and turn key on, let engine tank fill with oil. Bleed oil pump by way of small screw on upper side of pump to get all air out. Make sure gas has oil mixed in it before starting. Disconnect oil link arm from carb and allow oil pump arm to go all the way back. Start engine and let idle until all the air is out of oil lines going to each cylinder. Dont take it off premix until you are sure oil system is working properly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank ypu. It "appears" all there. I will have the local Yamaha guy check it out. I had no clue as to bleeding air & would not have known to disconnect carb.
      Why oh why do these guys not trust these systems? Is there no warning they aren't working and sudden catastrophe results. Is there a high probability of failures or high number of failed units? I "watch" my tank level. I hope that is the best way to monitor the system.
      Ted, in the Atachafala. Where gators get blamed for bull shark deeds.

Comment

Working...
      X