90HP 2 stroke engine flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90HP 2 stroke engine flush

I have two 90 hp 2 stroke 2006 Yamahas on my boat which stays in salt water 24/7 . These engines have a water house hookup for flushing the engines. What is the proper procedure to flush after each use. Do you run the engines or just the water hose? Do you tilt the engines out of the water and run them while running fresh water through the hose? Do you leave the engines tilted all the way down and run the engine and the hose?

CW; Engines should not be running to flush. The engines should be tilted down. I would use 2 sets of earmuffs however plug the hose connections. This will prevent engines from drawing in salt water. You can purchase the plugs at a plumbing store. Then flush with fresh water through the flushing hose. You can also purchase a hose splitter and then make 2 short hoses to do them both at once. However the water pressure will be decreased by 50% to each engine. When done flushing leave fresh water running and raise engines, remove earmuffs and continue to flush for another 5 to 10 minutes. Now you are done flushing. Leave engines tilted up and put the earmuffs on to prevent saltwater from splashing into saltwater intake. Remove them before your next start up. I think thats the best it gets.

Comment

The boat stays in the water so the only to get muffs on would be to either get in the water (it's cold) or do it from another boat.

Comment

another way to put muffs on is a long pole and practice

Comment

Can't help you with that one. But it is a must to properly flush. Mabey you can back your boat into the slip and install the muffs from dockside.

Comment

Working...
          X