200 HPDI 2001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 HPDI 2001

My engine is running a little rough at all speeds. It doesnt quite run right and vibrates more than usual. When I am up at speed i can hear what sounds like something rattling in the engine as it is running and the sound comes and goes. I had some bad water in the gas and I cleaned it all out and there is currently no water coming out of the fuel tank based on the fuel filter. Is there anything on these engines that is common to break or go bad when water is put into the engine like that?

do a compression check,change motor fuel filter, drain vapor tank and pump back up full, change plugs and repost your findings.

Comment

Might want to try a de-carbonizer treatment to clean carbs. Since ethanol was introduced when water and gas meet it produces a slim like residue. This only happens in the first tankfull of the ethanol gas, but if not completly run out will have a lasting effect. Ethanol has a cleaning effect in the gas tank.

Comment

check the plugs--doesn't take much slow running to foul them--and according to mechanics here use the exact NGK plug spec'd for your engine.

Mine ran rough after some marginal fuel and all it took to fix was plugs.

Comment

Another thought--make sure you are using Yamaha RING FREE in fuel. The owners manual is pretty specific about it and most of the old-time Yamaha users and mechs swear by the stuff--in any case I got religion and use it everytime i fill up.

Comment

Working...
          X