Water Pump Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump Install

Today I tried to install a new water pump impeller in my 150 yamaha outboard. I got everything apart OK except for the spacer and drive shaft collar. It was a bugger to get off to say the least and I ended up damaging this assembly. After I get the parts to complete this repair I need help. How do I correctly install the washer, wave washer, washer,spacer and drive shaft collar so that it comes off next time???Thanks,Barry

Hi Barry
    ihave emailed you aCD copy of yamaha workshop manual let me know if you dont get it
    Maurie
    crayman

Comment

Check out this link--best How To I've ever seen.

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/ze...d=95434&page=1

I wouldn't have tried if from hte Service Manual. The writer of this post should be a technical writer for somebody. THe text and the pictures are fool proof--

Comment

could you please e-mail me a cd for replacing the water pump on a 1998 V Max 150 2 stroke engine. I need the part about removing the lower case and replacing the pump housing and water tube grommet, thanks- Lionel at lsabouri@mts.net

Comment

check your parts

Might want to double check that you get all the parts you need in your repair kit. I did not get all needed parts in mine. I needed a small plastic piece that broke when I took out my original 2 years back. Had to drive an hour down and back to get the extra part. Just barely beat the tide as i was doing this during low tide.

Ed

Comment

yamaha ft 50tlrw

can anybody help me i am replacing a water pump on my motor but i can find hte last thing to do there must be a tric to that cause i remouve all the bolt (5) olding the bottom of the drive but it still wont comme out if someone got a diagram or a step by step solution i would really appriciate tank you

Comment

Working...
            X