2004 yamaha 40 hp 2 stroke idle problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 yamaha 40 hp 2 stroke idle problem

just purchased 40 hp outboard. does not idle well and eventually stalls. new plugs, cleaned fuel filter, added sea foam. still have problem. but runs fine excpt when idling.

time to rebuild those carbs

Comment

motor has very low hours. vey clean like new 2004. does this matter? where is idle adjustment?

Comment

personally buy a factory manual from here
        all Ur ?'s will be answered
        we all can tell u but it is better to have that manual

Comment

thank you. have done more research, found someone to help clean out the bottom bowl. doing much better. the yamaha manual for my motor is out of stock. do you recomend an alternate or wait for the factory service manual? once again thank you for answering so quick.

Comment

SELOC used to make a very good manual, but they are now related to Chilton's and their manuals for newer models are terrible.

I have a 1988 90HP Yammie and the SELOC manual I have covers all of the 3cyl model outboards. If your model year is covered by the SELOC manual authored by Clarence Coles, I'd highly recommend it. I also have the factory manual which is quite good. Clarence does a very good job with advice, helpful hints, and work-arounds for a lot of the special tools.

See what Amazon.com has.

Comment

Working...
            X