Fuel Vapor Lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Vapor Lock

I think I have a vapor lock problem with my 1996 Yamaha 225 crab motor. It runs great when cold it will idle at between 800 & 900 rpm.When warm it will stall at idle. On restart it will go up to 1200 rpm for a few seconds then drop down to 700 rpm and lower till it stalls at this point even if I turn up the idle screw it has no effect on the idle, I have changed the primer ball it did not make a difference.Any suggestions on how to diagnose if you have fuel vapor lock problem or are there any good manuals to help work through this problem. Thanks Matt

if you think you have a tank issue, use an auxillary tank, or easier, take off the cap. with vaper lock you should see the pump ball collapse as motor is trying to pull fuel.
    I would suggest test the fuel pumps and clean carbs, replace any worn carb parts.

[ January 07, 2007, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: jb123 ]

Comment

I have tried a different tank still had the problem I think it is happening some were on the engine block, carbs or fuel rail. Thanks Matt

Comment

you need to check fuel pressure in the vst tank
        Michael Babuchna

Comment

is it actually a `97 as all `96 motors show carbureted.

Comment

Yes it is defiantly a 1996 motor the last year yamaha used carburetors for the 225 hp. I should have said from the beginning that the carburetors (6) were just rebuilt so they shuold be clean and the fuel pumps (6) were recently replaced the motor runs fine mid rang and at top end it turns 5200 rpm hot are cold.Thanks Matt

Comment

Working...
            X