02' F225 4 stroke HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02' F225 4 stroke HELP!

I have a 02' f225 4-stroke-in the shop, the port side engine cranks and all diagnostic checks normal but when water tested only tops out at 3000 rpm-tech said it sounds like it's choking (not getting enough gas) but the gas is getting to the filter like it should-does anyone have any suggestions?

How old is the primary filter under the hood? Is it still yellow colored? or is it dark brownish? If its not yellow try a new one.

-Mike

Comment

Yeah, it's new...I'm at a lost, the tech's are too.

Comment

did they clean the hp fuel filter?
        do you have a single or dual tanks?
        did they swap fuel feeds to ensure the problem stayed with that motor?

Comment

there is also an additional filter on the hp tank, part # 18 on fuel 2.

Comment

Quit often some of the biggest performance problems are created by the smallest of causes. Sounds to me like it could very well be air getting into the fuel lines. To find out you need to check every fitting, o-ring, gas line and seal in the fuel system. To illiminate any problem from the tank to the strainer remove the fuel line at the strainer, then add a piece of fuel line to the strainer and put the other end in a fresh can of gas. Start the engine and let it run for about 10 to 15 minutes, this will allow any contaminated gas or air to burn out of the engine. If the problem stops you know the cause is isolated before the strainer. If this is the case you need to carefully go over everything from the tank filler cap to the strainer. Don't forget to check the vents in the filler cap for blockage, and also remove the water seperater and check the seat and the seal. There is a small o-ring in the pipe connection that sometimes gets worn. Replace anything that is questionable. It is inexpensive to replace the fuel lines from the seperater, the primer bulb, and both end of the pipe connector if needed. If this is not the case check all the other fuel lines from the strainer to the carbs, also remove the strainer and replace the sealing o-ring and check the seat. Before you reinstall the strainer bowl wipe the o-ring a little oil to increase its sealing abilities. This is also a good pratice to use on the water seperater seal.

[ January 06, 2007, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Bay Catt ]

Comment

yep
              run it off an aux tank to make sure it is not your vent or fuel lines or tanks anti-syphon valves

Comment

Sounds like injectors. Had the same problem on my 2002 200 F200TXRA. Found two pluggeg injectors. One on each side. Replaced them and water tested and found a third bad injector. Now replacing all six injectors plus the three filters and water separator. Pricey repair but from now on I will be cleaning and replacing filters a lot more often!
                There are no new sins; The old ones just get more publicity!

Comment

Working...
                X