FT 9.9 getting fuel in oil crankcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FT 9.9 getting fuel in oil crankcase

I have an 86 9.9 fourstroke kicker motor that is getting raw fuel in oil crank case. I had O-rings in fuel pump replaced, carb rebuilt, and bimetal valve replaced. If I pull plug out of bottom cylinder it looks like it's receiving a richer fuel mixture. The motor starts fine and doesn't smoke. Would oil seperator have anything to do with this? I'd like to get this problem taken care of before I put the boat in the water. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy New Year!!!

Most of the time it's the carb. Did you replaced float valve in carb? Also check gas tank if not venting properly it can over pressurize and flood carb., look at vent on gas cap.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Boats.net thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure that float was included in Yamaha rebuild kit I purchased. It was rebuilt by professional carb shop. The motor is fed with it's own fuel line off main tank (120 gallon) so it should have enough pressure relief. I do notice that after having kicker running for several hours that motor may sputter and I have to pump up primer bulb and it runs fine. 6'fuel line and primer bulb have been replaced along with fuel/motor connector.I have also made adjustments to lean/rich mixture screw.Any other suggestions?

Comment

getting raw fuel is only 2 things
        fuel pump seals, singe it uses crank case pressure to pump
        maybe the intake valve seals also

Comment

Is there any way of testing valve stem seals? will cylinder compression tell me anything?

I found my receipt for Yamaha Carb rebuild kit # 6G8-W0093-00-00 does that include float?

Comment

yes that included float

u need to do a leak down test

Comment

Thank you for the reply Just-In-Time. What is a leak down test? What is involved in performing one?

Comment

leak down test
                u close the intake and exhaust valve per cylinder, by rotating the cam to close them, then u pressurize the cylinder
                if u here are coming out the exhaust mani u need a valve job or seals, same as for intake, u will here air coming out the intake

Comment

Thank you Just-IN-Time. I will try this over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X