Trim Tilt Creaking Noise on Yam 130??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Tilt Creaking Noise on Yam 130??

I have a strange noise going on with my motor and I think it may be the trim tilt? What happens is this: Whenever I go to get on plane (full throttle) in my 16' flats boat I hear a creaking/cracking type noise coming from the motor bracket area. It also happens when I am QUICKLY coming off plane. It does not happen while changing speeds while on plane, though I might not hear it due to engine noise. The closest thing compare it to is the sound a thick sheet of Frozen Glass might make as it cracks.

At first I thought my transom might be cracked as I hear the sound only upon full throttle to get on plane and quickly coming off plane but there is no way that could be it. The transom is 1 1/2 inches of H130 8lb Divinicell. There are no visible cracks anywhere on the transom and there is no give, vibration, moevement I can feel in the transom. It definitely sounds like it is coming from the bracket/trim/tilt area but with the sound of the motor it is hard to isolate it. Then someone told me it may be the trm tilt mechanism is the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

yes the t/t does make a noise. it is from the trim rams rubbing the teflon pads on the swivel bracket. rub some grease on the end of the trim rams and the little teflon pads that they hit when trimming down. go up and down 1 or 2 times and the noise will go away.
    Michael Babuchna

Comment

Working...
    X