No announcement yet.

1995 Saltwater 150 oil pump problem (s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Saltwater 150 oil pump problem (s)

Low oil warning comes on starboard engine and shuts down both engines. Problem engine shows three flashing warning markers over all three oil warning symbols on tach. (Manual doesn't show any interpretation for all three on together?)

Oil level in engine mounted tank is one third full.(maybe somewhat less than 1/3..)

Emergency switch does absolutely nothing to fill engine tank. I can't hear it run and no flow of oil is evident.

If I manually fill engine tank to the top, all warning lights go away and engine runs fine.

Is my problem related to the engine mounted oil pump below the little tank or is it the one in the remote tank? It's a horrendous job to get at the remote oil tanks in a '95 Pursuit 2470!

HELP!

check the oil filters in each tank ensuring they can flow, then i would swap components to find which is causing the issue. BUT, one motor shouldnt shut down the other, i dont think, as the are totally seperate, maybe you have harnesses crossed up.ive pinched oil lines also, you may want to check those.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you can feed oil into the engine's tank using the emergency toggle switch
    (key must be ON...) then the problem is with the switch inside the engine's tank.
    If you can not fill the engine's tank using the emergency toggle switch then the
    problem is with the wiring harness or the remote tank's pump (rare).

Comment

The Yam "safety" system is supposed to shut both of the twin engines down to 2000 rpm. You can deactivate the system on the healthy engine by simply taking it out of gear.

No the problem is that one engine is not refilling the engine oil tank when it needs to. And yes, the toggle switch to fill that engine tank does nada!

I agree that the large tank pump should seldom fail. I really want to know if this is an electrical problem that I need a marine electrician for, or do I need to change out the resevior pump!

Comment

th key needs to be one to get the motor to run
        if it does not check the connections first before replacing

Comment

Working...
        X