Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller Pitch on 40HP

Hi

Can anyone advise what the propeller pitch is on my 40HP, 2-stroke, 3 cylinder, Autolube engine. Model is: 40VMOL (1995).

The propeller (standard aluminium prop) has 13 splines with 12 G 3 stamped on it. Hub diameter is 3", with blade circumference of 9.75."

Has anyone ever switched to Yamaha performance propeller in stainless steel on this engine - I'd be interested to hear. I know it's relatively common-place on larger engines (90HP+) but would welcome any views on benefits.

Cheers

Do you know what Rpm's it is turning now the 12 pitch alum prop?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi

No. I've just bought a second-hand Yamaha analogue tacho which I'm in process of wiring up. Engine specification says that WOT is 5,500 revs. This is for standard aluminium propeller.

Cheers

Comment

The operating range is 4500-5500 rpm's and you need to prop it out to within that range.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I assume it works just fine within that operating range of 4,500 - 5,500 revs. Engine is mint with less than 30 hours from new, even although it's 1995. Was in storage (boxed from new for a number of years). If the prop does top-out within that range - I assume changing to a s/s Yamaha performance 3-blade prop will offer a marginal 3-5mph increase in top-end speed. I've been advised that it's not worth the expense given it's only 40HP. More success in upgrading engine to 50HP.

Comment

Working...
          X