Model year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model year?

Bought 50hp used Yamaha. Factory plate on port side of motor clamp bracket indicates "50DET0 s/n6H5L411597". Adhesive sticker on starboard side of bracket indicates "50ETLN", which I understand means electric/trim/long shaft/1984. Don't understand what the "DETO" means, or why I can't find a 50ETLN model in the parts catalog for 1984. Any info greatly appreciated.

50ETLN is the model number for motors sold in USA and 50DETO is the european model number. It is a 1984 engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, boats.net! Can you tell me why I can't find a 50ETLN in your 1984 parts catalog? How can I order parts? Thanks again.

Comment

There is some of the earlier model motors that the parts illustrations didn't get into electronic format. You can use 50ETLJ(1986) for parts lookup it is the same as the 1984 model.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have a 50DETO. Yamaha New Zealand said it's a 1990. D = 1990 here in NZ.

I ordered alot of parts off here for a complete reco, and I used a 1990 50 ELD for all parts and numbers. They were the same.

Looking at the 1986 model mentioned above, they indeed look the same parts and numbers ( from memory )

Comment

Hi
            I have a 1997 Yamaha 60hp Outboard Model 60FEDO.
            Can someone tell me if there is a alternative model No to this, as I an having trouble finding spares because no one knows this Number !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lordwoody View Post
              Hi
              I have a 1997 Yamaha 60hp Outboard Model 60FEDO.
              Can someone tell me if there is a alternative model No to this, as I an having trouble finding spares because no one knows this Number !!!!!!!!!
              I have a 50deto how do I find out the age of it? there is a small F in the corner of the plate and serial number is 6h5 L 510145 which letter do I use to get the date??

Comment

Working...
              X