Fuel Management Gauge Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Management Gauge Question

I have a (used) Yamaha Fuel management GAUGE part number # 6Y5-2818R-41.

Could you tell me if it will work on my 200 HPDI (yr 2000) motor?

I currentally have a multipurpose gauge (tach/rpm) and want to see if I can hook this gauge up with it.

Any installation information (wiering) would be apperciated.

ps
    Will I see any savings in fuel with this gauge installed on my 21 ft grady white?

Thanks

I sent you a copy of the FMS installation instructions. Yes the Yamaha FMS will work with any outboard motor, the sender installs in the boat's fuel line after the fuel water separator. There's no real function between the Tach and the FMS on a single engine boat. If it were a twin engine boat it could help with the rpm sync but that's about it.

-Mike

Comment

I would also appreciate to get these instructions on info@tema-consult.com . I am trying to connect Garmin GPSMAP 185 to Yamaha Fuel Mgmt Gauge 6Y5-8350T-82-BK.
      Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Hamfisted View Post
        I sent you a copy of the FMS installation instructions. Yes the Yamaha FMS will work with any outboard motor, the sender installs in the boat's fuel line after the fuel water separator. There's no real function between the Tach and the FMS on a single engine boat. If it were a twin engine boat it could help with the rpm sync but that's about it.

-Mike
        Mike,
        I also need a copy of the installation instructions for the 6Y5-2818R-41 FMS.
        (WIRING ALSO)
        Thanks,
        Ron Anderson

Comment

Ron
          Give us your email address and we will send you a copy.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

If you havent got it figured out yet...check in your console. Look for a yellow wire coming off you ignition up to your gauges. You should findthat this yellow wire runs the 12v from your ignition to your gauges. Mine is 1 yellow run from ignition to a 4way which runs both my tacs, speed / fuel gauge and FM gauge. Hope this helped.

Comment

Hi everybody, could I kindly ask you for a copy of the installation instructions for the 6Y5-2818R-41 FMS? thanks a lot. Do you think it will work with my Yamaha 2 stroke 90AETOL model 2002?
              kind regards from Warsaw, Poland!

Comment

need copy of installation manual for 6y5-2818r-41

Mike,
                I also need a copy of the installation instructions for the 6Y5-2818R-41 FMS.
                (WIRING ALSO)
                My email address is wildbilwil@aol.com

Thanks,
                Bill C

Comment

Working...
                X