air filter on 05 F150TLRD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air filter on 05 F150TLRD

I am trying to winterize my motor,How do I get the air cleaner out so I can fog it or do I have to do this on a fuel injected motor?

There is a fogger that is made specificly for fuel injection. It connects directly to a valve on the fuel tube. You still need to use a fuel stabilizer and fog the cylinders with the spray style fogging agent. It doesn't hurt to also spray inside the air intake, this will help protect the air intake valves. The order you want to do this in is: 1.Mix stabilizer with gas then run it for 15-20 minutes so the the mixture gets well into the cylinder. 2.With engine still running spray a moderate amount of fogger into the air intake untill the exhaust smokes then shut the engine off. 3.Dispense the fogging agent into the fuel injection tube. 4.Remove each spark plug and fog all cylinder. When I winterize I also spray the exterior of engine with a water displaceing spray lubricant. Now she can go to bed for the winter and you can sleep well. At first start up in the spring again remove the spark plugs and spray the cylinders again with fogger. This will give your cylinders some extra protection for that initial start up when all of the engines oil is at the bottom. Crank the engine over a couple of times with the key safty disconnected, then run it for awhile to burn off all fogging agent.

Comment

Working...
    X