Lower unit impeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower unit impeller

After changing the impellerI can't get the plastic spacer & collar on. Manual shows an appropriate tool to knock down the collar. I've already broke one spacer.Page 6-48 section 5 service manual.225hpdi

use the old metal bottom plate from impeller.

Comment

i use a crescent wrench tightened up on drive shaft. worked hundreds of times for me
      Michael Babuchna

Comment

Thanks guys for the help it worked.

Comment

Wanted to ask someone about impeller install.I have a 6hp Yamaha.Installed everything but having trouble getting the shaft to line up with the head.Do I need to put grease on the end of it to let it slide on easier or is there a trick to doing it.Hope someone can help.

Thanks, Don

Comment

Also wanted to add,that when I installed the impeller into the housing,it fit pretty tight,actually bending the stars.Is it supposed to do that so it pumps the water properly,I hope

Thanks Don

Comment

yes, bend impeller, and try turning the flywheel a bit on the drive shaft replacement.

Comment

Thank you jb123 for the information I will give that a try.I tried turning the prop so the shaft would move, but that didn't work

Comment

either should work....not sure on your application, but do you also have a water tube or
                  shift mechanism that would stop it??

Comment

I did make sure the water tube was line up.On the small motor you don't have to cut the tube,and I did make sure the shift rod was not in the way. You did say it is OK to put some grease on the end of the rod,which might make it slip on easier.And to you really have to push hard to get it on.Iam going to try to work on it again on Monday,with my wifes help.Hopefully 4 hands is better than 2.Thanks again for you help jb123

Comment

To jb123
                      Topic- Water Pump install

Just wanted to let you know I tried a few more times today and finally got the shaft to line right up.It shot right in,didn't think it would go in that easy.Hooked up the hose and the pump seemed to be working fine. Wanted to thank you again for your help.

Ocala,FL

Comment

Working...
                      X