Boats.net Order BullS!@t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boats.net Order BullS!@t

Okay...I am really having bad luck with the F90 I am trying to get running.

I placed an order via boats.net last night for a few parts that I am going to replace on the motor. I went through the entire ordering process and NOWHERE did it say the parts were out of stock....even on the confirmation page.

So....I get home this evening and check my email and I have a note from boats.net saying that ALL of the damn parts are out of stock. I guess my 2 day shipping (in hopes of getting them here before the weekend so that I can work on the thing) is rendered moot.

So, I call their 888 number and sit on hold and can get ahold of no one. I leave a message. No responses. I wonder if anyone is really there until 2200 EST???

If I would have known that the parts are not in stock, I would have gone to my local Yamaha parts dealer and bought them....mind you for a little more, but at least I would have them so that I can get this thing ship shape and get out on teh water.

I am sure, since boats.net, runs this forum, this thread will be deleted....but I am flaming mad and wanted to put this writing.

Dave.

Okay...so I called back a few times and still no luck. I also sent in an email and have not heard back.

I guess this is a lesson learned. I will just have to wait for the parts to arrive. As a person who works in the IT field is is responsible for web application development, I would just ask boats.net to please query their inventory before completing an order so that the user can make the best decision about where to best buy their parts from.

Thanks and sorry for the above rant.

Comment

Thats unusual... I've had nothing but flawless service from them.....so far. Humans will be humans. If I could replace them with something else I certainly would. Sometimes your needa gets confused with your wanna and the supplier is not aware of your exacting requirements. They are a good group of folks trying to keep the unruly masses happy. I'm just a lowly boater who appreciates help when it's available....
      19.6' Predator, 90(?) Yamaha 150 ETLD, Stock in every way, Water pressure Gauge, Runs great, Lots of PM, Salt water operation. Aircraft mechanic..

Comment

Mr. Williams,

We do apologize for the inconvenience. We were experiencing techincal difficulty with our phone system yesterday but we are available until 10:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. Unfortunately, we do not have all 4 injectors in stock. We try to stock as many parts as necessary based on demand. We had to get the parts from the manufacturer which is located in California. The order is estimated to ship on Dec. 5th. I understand your frustration and the order can be canceled at your discretion free of penalities. We value you as a customer and please feel free to contact me personally if you are experiencing problems.

Thank you,
        Jessica Ritch
        Boats.Net Parts Manager
        (877) 512-6287 x124
        or my personal cell phone at (863) 441-3269.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

In addition to the reply above, Boats.net has settled the issue with me to my satisfaction. I want to thank them for addressing the issue.

Thank you!

Dave Williams.
          davebwilliams@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
          X