250 ox66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 ox66

IS THERE ANY WAY TO MAKE THE MOTOR IDLE ON 6 CILINDERS I HEARD THE VMAX CDI IDELS ON 6 CILINDERS FOR TROWLING

im just wondering why you want it to idle on all 6? this info would help to understand why.
    Michael Babuchna

Comment

I HAVE A BOAT THAT WE DO A LOT TRAWLING FOR MARLIN AND THE 02 SENSORS ARE NOT LASTING AND THE PLUGS ON THE CILINDERS THAT IS NOT RUNNING FOULS UP

Comment

you should consider using a better quality oil and using yamahas ring free.

Comment

It runs on all 6 cylinders anytime it's in gear. The middle two cylinders are shutoff only when it's in neutral. I agree, run a better oil and run RingFree or SeaFoam in the gas.

-Mike

Comment

first of all to hamfisted. this the 250efi does not run on all 6 cylinders when in gear. only above 1800rpms does it run on all 6 cylinders. dont confuse this with the hpdi. now to martin, i agree with jb. use yamaha oil and ring free and it should cure this plug fouling problem.
            Michael Babuchna

Comment

ooo one more thing.... make sure your oil pump linkage is adjusted correctly.

Comment

de-carb and run ring free
                run upper end oil also
                we slow ***** from salmon and after 800hr and ring free no o2 sensor change yet

Comment

Working...
                X