No announcement yet.

Service Repair Estimate...Help Please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Repair Estimate...Help Please!!

Okay, so I stopped by Rivercraft Marine this morning to check on the status of my 2004 F90. I have detailed some of the problems I have had with the motor in other threads, so I will not do that here. Below is what they say needs to be done to get the motor in running condition:

-4 new injector @ $150/each = $600
    -new VST pump @ $282 = $282
    -3 hours of laboer @ $75 = $225

So, does this seem right for a motor that sat for a year? Could bad gas have done all of this damage? I am a pretty good wrench...should I repair it myself?

All input is appreciated!!

THanks. Dave.

hi DAVE i would have the injectors checked, find a diesel repair place they will help you find a local injector repair place, but first i would ohm them out first. 4 bad i don't think so, they have screens that get plugged, if you are lazy about service the water filer will bypass and throw a bunch of crap into your fuel system. the fuel system must be squeaky clean on these due to the size of the fuel injectors (SMALL)and a good battery is a must, they don't like to run on low voltage. PULL ONE OF THE OIL INJECTION HOSES JUST FOR A SECOND TO MAKE SURE SHE'S GETING OIL AND YES FIX IT YOURSELF

Comment

attn jay. this is a 4 stroke and doesnt have oil injection hoses. dave, did you do any of the checks i told you to do? the injectors would be easy to check.
      Michael Babuchna

Comment

I would have to agree with Jay on the voltage and gas. I have a small 4 stroker and ran into what appeares to be big problems which have simple solutions. Let the gas set for a couple days with the boats bow up then siphon(pump) out about 3 gallons with the siphon tube setting on the lowest part of you tank. Drain into a clear water bottle and see what you are dealing with. Also check your battery volts at rest, should be minimum of 12 to start. And check it while engine is running to see if it is charging,should read 13.5 to 14.5 volts. Start with the simple things. Are your fuel lines in good condition? Do you have a loose ground wire? Is you tank vents clogged? Check the fuel line disconnect, there is an o-ring in there that may be bad allowing you to draw air into the fuel line. Good Luck Buddy.

Comment

Working...
        X