Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fuel Starvation for Yamaha 130 - The back yard!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel Starvation for Yamaha 130 - The back yard!!

I have a Yamaha 130 Motor with about 200 hours on the clock. The boat has an inboard fuel tank which
    is full of rubbish and keeps clogging the small inline filter. I am at my wits end in trying to cleen the tank (Ie by draining fuel an putting net fuel back in , etc. so I have come up with a solution. But before I go ahead and install this system I want to know if any one else has done this !!!
    I when to the scrap yard and got myself a Diesel water seperator from a truck that was written og (It was a Mazda B2500) and a Diesel filter assembly form a Nissan Hard body!!. I am wanting to install these this weekend as see if they help with my diry tank.
    I know that you can buy proper marine water seperators and filters but they are very expensive here.

Will adding these to the fuel system slow the rate of fuel that the engine needs ? and does any one know what the flow rate of fuel is for this enging when it is running at 5500 RPM. Also One last question, How long can you run the engine at those reves with out causing any serious damage ?

Will keep you all posted on my installation and let you know how it works.

Regards
    Justin Ricahrds

I am not sure how the truck filter will work with gasoline. It is designed for diesel.

At 5500 rpm with no load, you mentioned backyard, the flow rate will be much less than under load.

It seems like the best way is to eliminate the contaminates in the tank.

Comment

NEVER run your motor at 5500 or anything over 2k with no load.

Comment

Thanks for that - With regard to the reves I ment
        crusing - With about 3 people on board. I never run the engine at anything above idle when I am using the earmuffs! . I have connect up the contraption. I tested it using mu Caddy tanks using gravity to feed it. It seemed to flow ok, but there was a leak coming from the water seperator from the bottem - The place that you unscrew to drain. Apon closer inspection I found that there is a bleader pipe that come from theb top of the seperator to the bottem drain. The Plug at the bottem seems to have a hole in it to allow fuel to come out if if is over full. I dont know if this would happen if the petrol was sucked through instead of pushed. any idears ? If I Block that breather does any one know what will happen ?

Comment

Working...
        X