i lost my guages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i lost my guages

a few weeks back when i hauled her out i was installing a new fuel sending unit. in the process i think i worked a wire or two loose to the guages.

my gauges aren't working right now but it appears there is voltage to them in one way or another. i'm electrically savvy and decent with a multimeter, but before i go crazy looking im wondering which wires to check first.

theyre the dual guages that came with my 91 130, so the speed/fuel one, and the tach. both are not working.

ok the red is power to the speedo for the clock, yellow is keyed power to both, green is tach lead to the tach, blue is guage running lights and black is ground. white is the fuel sender and should be connected to the pink from the sender and ground the black wire from the fuel sender.
    Michael Babuchna

Comment

im thinking there may be a ground fault. im not getting continuity between th blacks on the harness at the guages and the boats ground. the trim switch, choke and starter circuits do work, but im pretty sure there are no grounds required there. i think i will run a test lead between the grounds on the harness and the boats ground.

otherwise, there are two wires that seem to be on their own:

white with blue stripe from the one guage, and a green on the other. the green is one of those 3-way ones where it is connected through, but one lead has nowhere to go. thoughts?

Comment

it was the ground, problem solved. thanks for your help everyone.

Comment

Working...
        X