water in bottom cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in bottom cylinder

I have a 1996 75HP motor, my bottom plug fouls and is full of water. I rebuit the carbs and and head, the cylinder and piston looked fine, even had the head machined at a shop. I cleaned all of the salt deposit out, (there was a lot), Ran great for a minute and then there was water again that fouled the bottom plug. I am in the process of doing the exaust plate, gaskets ect.., if it is not that, what is the next step? Thanks

The only place that I have seen a hole(due to corrosion) from water jacket to combustion chamber is the cylinder head and exhaust plate. Check them both to see if there is any holes corroded through.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, I took off the inner exhaust plate and found a hole on the bottom. The hole is small and round and looks like it may belongs there, should there be any other holes in the inner plate besides the bolt holes and the square holes? The hole is where there is an angle in the center. Thanks

Comment

You will looking for a hole that would allow water from water jacket to get into combustion chamber, look for an area on exhaust side that has the carbon washed off plate.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X