03 250hp. high pressure direct injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 250hp. high pressure direct injection

hi just purchased a 235 Scout w/250 hp hpdi and someone told me that there were problems w/ high pressure lines and might have been recalls for this motor!I've been trying to check w/no avail.The motor only has 59 hrs on it but this may be an expensive fix if a fuel line pops off 30 miles out!Any help thanks dave

There were some service bulletin's on the 2003 Z250, but they were for excessive oil compsuption and ign coils. You can have your dealer check the serial number for updates or send the serial to us by private message and we can check it for you. I havn't had any trouble with fuel lines coming loose at all.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Frankly the 250 HPDIs have been terrible on reliability, they have experianced cylinder failure in the #2 cylinder, and have been a real pain to get back right after the factory fix,, Yamaha has a service bullitin, and a tech fix , but it has been "hit or miss" on the repairs,, the engine has a real bad track record..Good luck,, this engine can be a bad news bear,, have a yamaha tech look it over for the tech fix, before venturing to far offshore,, its one of Yamahas worst reliabilit motors.. SORRY. the 150 HPDI and the 200 HPDi are very good, the 250 hpdi suffers..!

Comment

Working...
      X