Do you Silicon Spray your Power Head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you Silicon Spray your Power Head?

I always thought this is wise to do 3X or 4X per year to prevent moisture problems "under the hood".

But I read somewhere where it is the worst thing you can do because the spray will act as a dust magnet and cause more problems than if you left it dry.

What do you do? Opinions welcome.
    Grady-White 330 Express

I do it....I use CRC 5-56 or 6-66 or Boing T9... only once or twice a year, I have been doing it for many years, and never have had a dust, dirt problem. All on trailered boats. I have never had a corrosion problem, everything always looked good under the "hood", and when something did go wrong it was easy to spot.
    Dennis

Comment

dennis is right. t-9 is better then silicone but if you cant get it then silicone is good too. coat the entire powerhead especially the area where the head meets the block. the only exception is if you have a efi or direct injection motor with an o2 sensor. if you do then dont spray silicone around the sensor. they say the t-9 is safe but i still avoid the o2 sensor directly.
      Michael Babuchna

Comment

I have a 1987 90hp yamaha that I bought new..
        at the end of season as i am winterizing , I WD-40 almost everything and whip off the excess etc.

My motor looks like new under the hood..

tony

Comment

Working...
        X