Winterization F224 TXRD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winterization F224 TXRD

I have an '05 225 TXRD four stroke and am preparing to winterize. Couple of questions: 1) where is silencer intake and how do I spray fogging oil into it? 2) Do I also remove plugs and spray fogging oil into plug openings while manually turning over? 3) Can I fog while still in saltwater and flush at the dock with fresh water inlet connection and then tilt motor down once hauled or must engine be flushed with earmuffs while running? 4) tank is full of fuel and I will add appropriate amount of Yamaha fuel stabilizer - should I also add stor-rite or Stabil? 5) Do I spray a light coating of silicone on entire exposed motor areas under cowling? Thanks!!!

HI, probably everyone that you talk to will give you a different outlook on how to winterize your f225. this is what I do. Put some sort of stablizer in the fuel, use only one brand of your choice,and one dose, no sence in overdoing it.not necessary, will not gain anything, except more room in your wallet. next I do not see anything wrong with foging out the motor while still in the water, and flushing the motor with fresh water. I am sure that other people will dissagree, so be it. I do not "fog" the motor, nor will I ever try to run it using "ear muffs", not the F225, of which I have Twins. Every time I have tried this, I smoked the water pumps, yes bolth pumps...It gets expensive. I have tried three different types on muffs, and the end result is always the same, smoked water pumps. The owner of a local marina, told me not to fog the four stroke motor He said only to stablize the fuel before the last use, so that stablized fuel gets into the injectors, fuel pumps, etc., remove the plugs and spray fogging oil into cylinders, replace the plugs, without reattaching the plug wires, crank motor for three seconds, replace wires, etc. and kiss it good night for the winter. This is what I do. I hope it helps you.
    Dennis

Comment

Working...
    X