1996 yamaha c115 starting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 yamaha c115 starting problems

I've been having problems starting my motor 1996 yamaha c115tlru for a long time now, we've cleaned out the carbs and checked the electrical and everything, but right now, it floods like a sumbitch everytime you crank it for too long, like gas pouring out of the exhaust badly. And every once and awhile (just happened to be today) it will start faily well, run for awhile, then quit and not restart, no matter how much you crank it/clean off the plugs/crank it/ect ect. But heres the catch, if you get it started (on a good day mind you) then it will start, on the key, every single time.

Now i saw on another thread something about syncing carbs, what is that and what does it do? I'm in dire need of help here (that and a new motor that starts).

Most of time with the C115 it's not choking enough. If the engine runs good after it starts then try the manual choke(the knob on front of engine cowling by the cables) pull the choke out and it starts up then the elect choke may need adjusting, if it floods out worse then the carbs may need to be cleaned.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I had the same problem. Try this quick test, with the engine running, hit the choke switch. the engine should bog down. If it does not, the choke plates are not closing fully. Adjust them by moving the solenoid. If the solenoid is way out of adjustment, it can keep the choke plates from closing completely even in manual mode as was in my case.

Comment

Working...
      X