Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do to F90 that has been sitting for a year

Hello!

I am the lucky new owner of a 2005 20' Carolina Skiff with an F90. The guy I am buying it from has only run it a few times(5 total). The motor has been throught its 20 hr maintenance. My question is:

What should I do to it to get it seaworthy considering it has been almost a year since it was last run?

I think I will do the following, please let me know what else to do:

-change motor and lower end oils
    -drain gas from tank
    -recharge batteries

what am I missing??

Thanks. Dave.

if it hasnt been run at all in a year, chances are it wont run. the fuel pump is most likely stuck. if your lucky it wont be.
    Michael Babuchna

Comment

How do I 'un-stuck' the fuel pump?

Comment

after a year i doubt you will be able to. you will have to purchase a new one and they are not cheap. my guess is around 500-600.
        Michael Babuchna

Comment

Dave, I would just do the oil changes that you mentioned, and also change the oil and gas filters, lube the lube points, charge the batteries, and give it a try with some fresh gas from a separate tank. It may not fire up due to a fuel pump problem, but I don't think you have much to lose.

Tim

Comment

oh i would definitly give it a shot before replacing the fuel pump. even if you do have to get a new one, you will still have a good motor.
            Michael Babuchna

Comment

Slim was right. It would not start so we took it up to Rivercraft Marine (Gloucester, VA). They say the fuel pump is bad and that the fuel injectors need major servicing. They are attempting to have it fixed, under warrantly. Is there anything else at this point I should be aware of? Does anyone have any comments about Rivercraft?

Comment

Working...
              X